Search This Blog

Friday, July 9, 2010

The Girl Who ... (spoilers)




The second movie in the series, The Girl Who Played With Fire, is opening today.

The third book, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, was recently released in the US.

I went to the book store and skimmed a bit. Although it is no surprise that Salander lives after being beaten, shot in the head, and buried alive at the end of the second book, I groaned when I read that Zala is also alive after being axed in the head. Does anyone die any more? Oh, puh-leees.

Unless I can download an audio version, I would not have the patience --- especially in this exhausting heat --- to read this book. I don't care 2 straws about Mikael Blomqvist and perhaps just a straw more for Lisbeth Salander. Larsson's writing has the familiar terseness and spareness of other Swedish mystery writers, but lack their humor and grace. I'll just watch the movie when it comes out.

Popular trends always remind me how alone I am. Well, popular trends can kiss my ass.

No comments:

The Ending of Le Samourai (1967), Explained

A quick online search after watching Jean-Pierre Melville's Le Samourai confirmed my suspicion: The plot is very rarely understood b...