Search This Blog

Monday, January 28, 2013

Death

There is no other word for the title. Just heard today that someone I knew died a week ago. I didn't know her very well. It was no more than casual acquaintance. Perhaps what bothers me so much is how similar we are --- about the same age, both Chinese women, similar background and education. We read similar books and went to the same Web sites and talked about the same subjects. And now she's dead. So sudden. So unexpected. So utterly senseless. The footsteps of Death have never sounded so near and loud.

1 comment:

CAVA said...

Pat pat... I've heard about a few sudden and untimely deaths over the years, the shock is profound. It really makes one reflect. I've normally come to the same conclusion: be nice to oneself and those one cares about, when there is chance to do so.

The Ending of Le Samourai (1967), Explained

A quick online search after watching Jean-Pierre Melville's Le Samourai confirmed my suspicion: The plot is very rarely understood b...