Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A Historical Day in My Life

March 4, 2014

I did crossovers! While gliding!

Since I started learning to skate a year ago, the idea of crossing one foot over the other foot and leaning the body outward has haunted me. It has always seemed unspeakably terrifying to do. I've hesitated and delayed learning forward crossovers because of mental images of stumbling and falling conjured up by my brain.

Today I did it. I crossed one foot over the other. I took the leap (figuratively speaking)! And I'm fine. No falls. No broken nose. It was not pretty, but the mental block was overcome and I can now practice and improve.

The video below shows what (good) crossovers look like:

No comments:

The Ending of Le Samourai (1967), Explained

A quick online search after watching Jean-Pierre Melville's Le Samourai confirmed my suspicion: The plot is very rarely understood b...